Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cherish Your Children

This probably won't make me a whole lot of friends; it probably will piss some people off.  But putting these thoughts onto a screen will make me feel a WHOLE lot better, and isn't that what it's supposed to do?? 


I had a run in with a sweet little girl today... sweet sweet sweet... with dirty and long fingernails... so me, being the one that has no problems crossing lines, took her aside and took care of those long and dirty nails.  In the midst, I come to hear from the mouth of this sweet little girl that her mom is "naughty" to her.  Now, I am not pointing fingers or implying any sort of physical abuse, but it was obvious that this sweet little girl is a bit neglected; physically and emotionally.  


This ENRAGES me.  Now I am not saying I deserve Mother of the Year in the least bit.  But come on... that a sweet little girl can verbalize that her Mommy is naughty, there is an issue there.  It hurts my heart to no end.  Mostly for the little girl.  There seems to be no mommy-daughter bond there.  None.  There is no place there for her to idolize her mommy.  So sad.  So so so sad.  


It also makes my heart hurt to know that while this little girl has come into the world with the sole purpose of being someone's little blessing, and it being ignored.  There are other women & men out there that want nothing more BUT that blessing.  Yet- there is this.  Someone that obviously does not appreciate this blessing.  It makes no sense to me.  NONE.  


I know that God brings us the blessings as he sees fit, but what about those blessings that aren't realized?  And how can those men and women who have wanted nothing but that blessing not experience the unconditional love of a child?  


Appreciate your children people.  Know that every tantrum, every whine, every test of your patience is something that you can thank God for.  


I was wrong.  This didn't help.  But I guess I can't change the world, huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment